Thank you for your interest in applying to serve as the UC Merced Alumni Regent. Prior to completing the application, we recommend reviewing the questions the questions thoroughly. A copy of the application may be downloaded using the following button:
Please note, that candidates must be a degreed conferred alum of the University of California, Merced. Current UC employees are not eligible. Deadline to submit applications has been extended to midnight on Monday, September 6, 2021.
Personal Contact Information
- Full Name
- Class Year
- Name on Student Records (if different from current name)
- Preferred Email
- Preferred Phone
Professional Contact Information
- Business Address
- Business Email
- Business Phone
- (1st Degree) Institution, Degree, Major, Year
- (2nd Degree) Institution, Degree, Major, Year
- (3rd Degree) Institution, Degree, Major, Year
Acknowledgement of Regent Responsibilities
- I have read the "UC Merced Regent Background and Job Description" document and understand the responsibilities and time commitment of this position. (Y/N)
Professional & Civic Service Questions
- Please describe your UC Merced Alumni Association Involvement (include year’s/dates).
- Have you served on the UC Merced Alumni Association Board of Directors. (Y/N)
- If yes, please describe your role, years of service, and how these experiences may benefit you as Regent.
- If no, please share similar experiences including your role(s), years of service, and how these roles may benefit you as Regent.
- Please describe your involvement with UC Merced since graduation (include year’s/dates).
- Please share your professional activities and provide details about the impact of your involvement.
- Please share your community service activities and provide details about the impact of your involvement.
- Please share your past or current leadership roles in professional and/or community organizations (Please provide organization name, your role, the impact, and the dates).
- Please list any professional/civic honors, achievements, awards:
Regent Narrative Questions
- Why are you interested in serving on the University of California Board of Regents?
- What special qualities do you possess to fulfill the role of Alumni Regent?
- Please describe your view of higher education in general:
- Please describe your view of higher education provided by the University of California:
- What are the key challenges you see facing the University of California in the coming years and how do you think the University should address them?
- A conservative estimate is that a member of the Board of Regents spends at least 20 hours per week preparing for and attending University related functions. Given your current and future time commitments, how do you see incorporating the Alumni Regent time commitment into your schedule?
- If selected to serve as UC Merced’s Alumni Regent, what impact are you seeking to make?
Additional Documents to Submit
- Cover Letter
- Two letters of recommendation
- Reference List (3-5), including at least one affiliated with UC Merced