UC Merced Alumni Association Board
While no single characteristic defines our UC Merced Alumni Association Board members, they are all high-energy enthusiasts of the university, who hold at least one UC Merced degree (either undergraduate or graduate), and have a true desire to positively engage other UC Merced alumni in the life of the university.
Board Member Responsibilities
- Attend Meetings — Board members are expected to attend or participate virtually in meetings of the UC Merced Alumni Association Board. The board has at least two meetings a year with the first occurring over Homecoming on October 22 and another on Bobcat Day in April. Additional meetings will be coordinated as need by the University’s Alumni Affairs Office and general consensus of the board.
- Represent Their Fellow Alumni — Board members are expected to represent the entire UC Merced Alumni Association in their decision making process.
- Serve as Advocates for UC Merced — Board members are expected to serve as advocates of UC Merced, supporting the mission of the university and encouraging alumni involvement in university initiatives.
- Leverage Personal Networks -- Board members are expected to encourage their UC Merced network to get engaged in alumni association programs.
- Support the University Philanthropically -- Board members are expected to aid in supporting the university through philanthropic endeavors such as the Board Call-a-thon, personal support and grassroots outreach.
View the UC Merced Alumni Association constitution and UC Merced Alumni Association By-laws to learn more about the board's responsibilities. You are also welcome to review our minutes from our last four meetings.
- Minutes from December 1, 2012 Meeting
- Minutes from October 27, 2012 Meeting
- Minutes from July 28, 2012 Meeting
- Minutes from April 21, 2012 Meeting
Board Approved Resolutions
The UCMAA approved their first official resolution at their April 13, 2013 meeting in support of Chancellor Leland's 2020 Project. Read more here.